Commercial Energy ModelerFull Time
ReVireo is an energy code compliance and green building services company. We provide a range of consulting and inspection services to builders and developers on residential new construction projects.
ReVireo is looking for an individual to fill the full-time position of Commercial Energy Modeler. This individual will primarily provide commercial energy modeling services and residential energy modeling support as needed. The Commercial Energy Modeler will develop commercial energy models for a variety of construction types and project teams. The Commercial Energy Modeler will work closely with ReVireo’s Project Managers and Consultants to synthesize the modeling results into actionable recommendations that will inform the design process of sustainable buildings.
Tasks of the Commercial Energy Modeler may include but are not limited to: creating commercial and residential energy models from scratch, updating energy models based on design and as-built changes, and working with the ReVireo team to communicate results with clients. The Commercial Energy Modeler will also be responsible for training staff to support commercial energy modeling efforts.
The Commercial Energy Modeler may also occasionally provide tangential support to ReVireo’s other efforts, such as plan review, plan takeoff, energy code compliance review, energy code consulting, and HVAC/Envelope commissioning
- Create commercial energy models using EQuest, utilizing ASHRAE Appendix G or the Energy Cost Budget Method simulation guidelines.
- Develop and use a standardized energy modeling reporting system that clearly articulates modeling results.
- Work with ReVireo’s consultants and project managers to turn modeling results into actionable recommendations for clients.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current energy modeling standards, energy codes and technologies and trends in the energy efficiency industry.
- Provide relevant reporting documentation as required by various energy efficiency programs such as LEED, ENERGY STAR, and the New Jersey Clean Energy Program’s Pay for Performance (P4P) Program.
- Occasionally attend client meetings to provide energy modeling insights and expertise.
- Assist in residential energy modeling services through REM/Rate and/or Ekotrope energy modeling.
- 3+ years experience in commercial energy modeling required
- Proficiency in eQuest (or similar) modeling software required
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE Appendix G and the Energy Cost Budget Method required
- Familiarity w/ LEED & ENERGY STAR Multifamily High-Rise energy modeling strongly desired
- BEMP certification (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of REM/Rateand/or Ekotrope software(preferred but not required)
- Ability to review and evaluate HVAC engineering calculations (preferred but not required)
- Understanding of HVAC, building envelope, and building science
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and leadership skills
- Interest in learning new skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Negotiable – commensurate with experience and qualifications; re-evaluated annually based on performance
- Paid time off, 401k with match, health insurance with contribution, parental leave, professional development allowance, remote work flexibility, company profit sharing, personal company credit card, paid volunteer time, and other benefits available.
As soon as possible
Please email a resume and cover letter expressing your experience and job-related qualifications to email@example.com.